From Piazza della Libertd, after a short stretch uphill, it is the ancient oratory of St. Rocco (today the church of Madonna del colle).
A spoiled path immediately on the left, goes in an hour to the a mountain area"i Prati di Stroncone".
This path is remained almost intact and so intimated to the collective immaginary of the franciscan world.
We haven't evidence that St. Francis, the Poor Man of Assisi, perenigrate along south Umbria but we are almost sure because it allows a shorter and more rapid link between "Lo Speco" in Narni and the "Convent of Greccio".
The old tractor was certaily used by the Franciscans during XIV century and among these, St. Bernardino from Siena.
Father Giovanni Grimani was interpreter of the feeling of popular tradition and he sculptured in stone the memories intimated to the passage of the saint (the chair, the foot, the knie, the hand, the barrel of St. Berbardino).
Along the path, about 2 kilometres far from St. Rocco oratory, there is a little chapel dedicated to the Virgin Mary called "del tresto" thanks to the name of the place; therein, according to the local news, the Virgin spoke to a shepherdess.
The precious image was transferred in 1738 with a solemn procession in the oratory where today she has been venerated.
The convent of Saint francis
Going down from Piazza della Libertà towards a large street lined with tres, we can admire the convent of St. Francis.
Many people thinks that the cloister was built in 1213 by the same saint during his visit in Stroncone and constructed in the same place where therenwas a little "Mariana" newspaper bookstall.
The church of the convent is one of the most suggestive place of the fraciscan life. The entrance is in travertine a work made at the beginning of XV century.
In the first altar, on the left, is preserved on oil-painting representing the crucifixion.
In the aisle on the right, on the second altar, there is a painting of umbian shool of XV century representing Lady Mary in a throne with unweaned Jesus and two angels on the sides and St. Framcis on the right, who appears with a suit wore according to the fist period of the rule.
At the bottom of this aisle, above the altar, it is preserved and also possible to venerate the body of St. B. Antonio Vici from Stroncone, a painting representing St. Diego who recovers a blind man, a work of Baldassarre Croce from Bologna of 1607.
The chair in walnut and the sacristy with inland fornitures, always in walnut are very beautiful.
In the refectory, we can admire paintings recently restored and among these a representation of the Last Supper.
In the Chapel, outside the church there is a great painting on temper which occupied the entire wall by Tiberio d'Assisi, a pupil of Pinturicchio.
In the centre of the painting there is the Virgin sit in throne with Jesus, St. Girolamo, and St. Antonio da Padova on the right and St. Michele amd St. Bonaventura on the left. At the bottom of the pinting there is a beautiful village with the view of the sea. There is aslo the libarty of XVII century an essential instrument for the training and the researches of a lot of scholars of that period.